Hello folks, the 2011 summer timing season is just around the corner. We have spent the winter updating our results presentation. Throughout the month of March we will tell you about all of the upcoming changes and new services.
A huge new service that we believe will change timing in the Mountain West is our adScreenLED A9. I can probably guess what you are thinking, “Cool words, but what in the world is an adScreenLED A9?” It is a 6 by 9 foot full color LED screen… as my son said, “It’s a freaking JumboTron.” Well, almost. Unlike a large screen TV that only 6 people can crowd around, it is large and bright enough for the entire venue to enjoy.
Why is this good for a race?
- Leader Board – We can display the top people in the race, as well as, age categories.
- Results – Not just leaders, but all participants can see their name in lights.
- Cross Country Team Scores – From the 1 mile, 2 mile and finish line.
- Sponsor Logos and Commercials – Contrary to popular belief, entry fees do not cover the cost of putting on a race. Those sponsors want to maximise their investment. The adScreen is another way to get the sponsors’ message out.
- Race Messages – Before the race starts, display a schedule for the day, where to pick up packets, or wish participants luck.
- On-Board Sound System – The adScreen has a sound system built in, eliminating the need to rent a separate sound system.
- On-Board Generator – The adScreen comes with a generator with power sufficient to run the adScreen and most, if not all, of the rest of the race’s electical needs.
- It’s Cool – what else can I say?
To launch this new service, we are offering 25% off of your first adScreen rental if you book before 31 March 2011. In addition, we are also giving away one day use of an adScreen to one lucky person in the Salt Lake City area. To enter the contest, follow Milliseconds on Twitter, and Tweet the following, only once and exactly as it is written:
Check out Milliseconds’ new adScreen and win the use of an adScreen for your favorite event. http://bit.ly/e5beZT Please retweet. #milli2nds
We will draw one person in the Salt Lake City area and will set up the adScreen for one day at an event of the winner’s choice. The event can be:
- A Race – I’ll bet a hard-to-get-in-race or your favorite race director would give you a free entry if you think of them. (Please be considerate of our competitors.)
- For School or Work – Yeah! Free advertising on a mobile screen, very effective, very cheap, your boss or PTA President will love you.
- A Birthday Party – Why not tell the world how old your son, daughter, father, mother, spouse or partner REALLY is with a 6′ x 9′ full color electric greeting card?
- Soccer Tournament – Show the spectators the brackets and even the score for the championship event.
- Movie Night Under the Stars – For your whole neighborhood.
The application is limited only by your imagination.
Please Note: The winner is responsible for obtaining all the appropriate permissions, permits, etc., and paying any applicable taxes.